Saturday, December 11, 2010

Pizza Bianca

I've recently become a big fan of Pillsbury pizza crust. For some reason, although I like to make most things as much from scratch as time allows, I have never really felt the need to extend this principle to breads that require yeast, cakes, and even most cookies. So I've begun to try a few different toppings for unusual pizzas using this handy dandy ready-made crust, and this is one that I feel is really worth posting here.

I got the idea for this one from Adultlescence, in a post that discusses the author's general disdain for cooking (and how easy this one was for her). I changed it up, as is my way... and kept the name anyway.


1 can of Pillsbury refrigerated thin pizza crust
2 zucchini, thinly sliced
chopped red onion
sliced gouda cheese
olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
cooking spray and/or cornmeal

Spray a large cookie sheet (Airbake is best for this), and add a dusting of cornmeal if you like. Roll out the dough and cook at 400 degrees for a few minutes, until it is about halfway cooked.

With a pastry brush, spread a thin layer of olive oil over the crust. Then add the thinly sliced zucchini, the red onion, and then top with gouda slices that you've torn or cut into smaller pieces. Grind some pepper over the cheese, and cook until the dough is golden brown and the vegetables are softened.

No comments:

Post a Comment